Motormum: Cars for your Life

🏠 Home 7 Seat 2nd Hand 6 Seat 8 Seat 4WD Large Luxury Compact Estate  Logo Buying Tips Selling Tips Car Tax Car Loans Tyres Economical 7 Seats Insurance Economy Driving London Budget Trip European Motoring Ferry to France French Driving Rules Italian Driving Rules Car Entertainment Sat Nav (Avoid Divorce) Italian PISA mover Car Rental Rental Madrid MAD Rental Milan MXP Rental Amsterdam AMS Rental Paris CDG Rental Heathrow LHR Rental Dublin DUB Car Seats ISOFIX

Car Hire and Rental FAQ

Hiring a 7-seater car to transport your family or friends can be the start of a great experience, or a potentially less pleasing one if you have overlooked potential car hire tips and requirements. Taking a minute to read through frequently asked rental questions could save you time and potentially money later.

Does it Automatically Include Insurance?

Hiring in the United Kingdom, throughout Europe, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand automatically includes insurance cover. The cost of this is quoted at the time of booking. When using our recommended suppliers,, the process is very straight forward. Any insurance typically includes Collision Damage Waiver (CDW), for any damage sustained in an accident as well as vandalism, Loss Damage Waiver (LDW), Third Party Liability and Theft.

What about the Excess?

The cost of the Collision Damage Waiver (CDW), Loss Damage Waiver (LDW), Third Party Liability or Theft is included in the 7-seater rental price. Super Collision Damage Waiver, Non Waiver and Deductible are all terms used by different rental companies, including to refer to the excess. This is the amount payable in the event of damage or theft that is not covered by the insurance. This excess can vary from a few hundred to several thousand pounds, depending on the size of the vehicle as well as the company's own policies. You should consider the excess carefully as it is a potential cost that can be incurred.

International Driving License Required?

Driving abroad generally does not require you to carry an international driving license. Typically, United Kingdom as well as European companies request a driving license that is from your country of residence. The exceptions to this are when a driving license is in an alphabet other than the Roman one used throughout most of Europe. Russian, Greek, Japanese or Chinese driving license holders, for example, are required to carry an International Driving License.

One-Way Hiring?

One-way Hiring is when you collect your vehicle from one location and drop it off at the end of your journey elsewhere. This is very handy when you are travelling a long distance, for example from the south of England to the Scottish Highlands or abroad. Using the one-way rental option, you can then leave the vehicle without having to make a round trip.

This method is common for large companies that have a number of offices across the country or in Europe. Our recommended supplier, have access to offices all over the world and compare prices from 50 different providers.

Pay by Credit Card?

The majority of companies require you to book and pay for with a credit card. Debit cards and Cheques are typically not accepted. You may find yourself unable to hire a 7-seater without a valid credit card.


Our recommended online specialists, search and compare all companies, giving you the best choice and cheapest options.

🏠 Audi  LogoAudi 7-Seater BMWBMW 7‐Seaters ChevroletChevrolet MPVs ChryslerChrysler MPVs CitroenCitroen MPVs FiatFiat 7-Seaters FordFord 7-Seaters HondaHonda MPVs HyundaiHyundai MPVs JeepJeep 7-Seaters KiaKia 7-Seaters Land RoverLand Rover MazdaMazda MPVs Merc BenzMercedes MPVs MitsubishiMitsubishi NissanNissan PeugeotPeugeot RenaultRenault SEATSEAT 7‐Seaters SsangyongSsangyong ToyotaToyota VauxhallVauxhall MPVs VolkswagenVolkswagen VolvoVolvo MPV Motormum LogoAll Manufacturers 🏠